Fixed Term – 24 months
In partnership with the University West of Scotland (UWS) we are are seeking to recruit an Immersive Technologies Developer to work on an exciting new Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) project that UWS have been awarded with ISO. The KTP scheme is one of Innovate UK’s flagship innovation schemes and the KTP Associate role is a high profile position integral to the delivery of each project. This KTP project seeks to embed advanced visualisation and interactive knowledge (AR/VR/MR) within ISO in support of international projects, giving the successful applicant an exceptional opportunity to accelerate your career in the Creative / Digital media sector.
You will be an integral member of ISO’s research and development team. In addition, you will be fully supported by a cross-school team of academics from UWS Creative Media Academy, School of Engineering and Computing and UWS Immersive, a university wide project that explores how VR & AR transforms the way UWS will teach, conduct research and collaborate with creative agencies. You will help develop a number of practical applications of Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and Mixed Reality. The successful candidate will work across a wide range of creative projects across the ISO studio, our external partners and clients.
In addition to a competitive salary and pension, you will have a £4k personal development budget, the opportunity to complete a higher degree at no-cost (fees waived) and will undergo Chartered Management Institute level-5 business training (at no cost).
– Masters Degree or minimum 2:1 in an undergraduate degree from relevant discipline such as Computer Science, Digital Entertainment, Games Development and Programming and have relevant industry experience
– Experience in computer science or the application of code to create media and interactive work
– Digital portfolio or access to a site that collects a representative selection of work in your application
Beneficial skills and experience:
– Excellent organisation skills, good communication and interpersonal skills (including report writing), strong analytical and numerical skills and be able to collaborate with colleagues.
Application and full job details via the UWS Jobs page
Closing date 1st March 2018
Interviews w/c 19th March 2018
We offer paid internships throughout the year. These last from between 4 to 12 weeks and we take on a single intern at a time. The internships are very structured and you will be introduced into studio life and be tasked on a variety of projects from research and reporting through to shadowing and assisting the ISO team across live projects. Interns are given reading lists and personal projects to undertake alongside ISO work and we would look for you to fully involve yourself in the studio’s cultural activities. We look for talented. motivated individuals across graphic design, motion graphics, animation, film-making, games design, interactive and creative technologies, writing, research and digital communications.
The posts are very competitive so please apply early with the following:
– Cover letter introducing yourself and your work and explaining why you think you would be a good addition to the studio
– CV with two references
– Digital link to an online portfolio and/or showreel
– Your available dates and the duration of internship you are looking for
Please submit to
For UK applicants these are fully funded and paid at the Living Wage. For overseas applicants please include details of whether the internship is an element of your course and your eligibility to study or work in the UK.